- This event has passed.
Theatre in the Gardens ~ Robin Hood and his Merry Men
August 11 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Robin Hood and his band of merry men are feared by the richest of the land who travel through Sherwood Forest as they steal from the rich to give to the poor. When the evil Sheriff of Nottingham schemes to stop the outlaws, the merry men must join with the beautiful Maid Marian to rescue Robin from the Sheriff’s evil clutches and restore peace to the forest lands. Inspired by folklore, myth and legend, this brand-new version of Robin’s notorious story is brought alive with traditional sword play, song, music, dance and stunning medieval costumes.
Adapted by award winning writer Laura Turner. Join family and friends and step into the forest with Chapterhouse Theatre Company in what promises to be one of the most fun adventures of the summer. The play will be performed on Aberglasney's North Lawn, in front of the Mansion.
Gates open by 6.30pm for a 7pm performance. The show will be approx 1h 30m excluding interval. Chairs, blankets and picnics are welcome, as is fancy dress!
The Tearooms will be open until the end of the interval and will be serving hot and cold drinks, snacks, cakes and the theatre favourite - ice cream!
Tickets are available:
- online until 3pm on Saturday 11th August (admission by e-ticket, either printed or shown on mobile/tablet - please click the link below to buy online)
- by phone (tickets to be collected on the night, option available Mon-Fri only, please call 01558 668998)
- on the gate, on the night
- Child - £10 (children under the age of 5 are admitted free of charge)
- Adult - £16
- Family (2 adults & 2 children) - £46
All tickets are non-refundable.
The performance will continue in all but the worst weather, in which case the theatre company will endeavour to re-schedule.